Things are improving out at the homes. Please check out the latest pictures here on the site.
Fitzsimmons: we’re ready to move in once the phone lines are back up and we check the fire alarm system. We project phone service to be restored late on Monday.
Knox: It could be a week and a half.
- We have the door on order, but that’s the thing that may come last. It’s a very specific type of door that is required, so not something we can run out and buy.
- We have to replace the broken windows on the front of the building.
- We have to replace the sofit (?–that stuff under the roof on the outside) and have a little section where the frame will have to be built out.
- Need the phones on and fire systems working.
- There are plenty of other things to do, but they can be done after people are back in their own home.
We’ve started a Tornado Relief Fund to support our residents in their dislocation and to help get them back into their home. The link is on this web page.