Heading into autumn with a variety of activities:
- A nice trip to Spring Lake Park–check out the photos on our Facebook page.
- Another batch of jalapeno jelly made from our garden.
- Continuing preparations for Food for Thought.
- Looking at starting a car detailing business at the Streator Incubator.
- We got a new medium-duty lift van from a successful IDOT grant application. We moved one of our lift vans to Kent Street so that it would be easier for everyone to get out together sometimes.
- Work on the Illinois Street House continues…it was a slow summer for that, but things will be picking up now.
- We’re putting off a lot of purchases until the state budget shakes out (it will shake out at some point, won’t it?). Due to court orders, we’re getting paid, which takes a lot of pressure off, but they could still cut our funding retroactive to July 1 as part of a budget deal. We sure hope not–we’re not entirely sure how we’d be able to deal with that.
- We’re hiring evening/midnight/weekend residential positions.