DHS Updates PUNS Categories

If you are a person with an intellectual or developmental disability, the first thing you want to do is get on the PUNS (Prioritization of Unmet Need for Services) waiting list to get funding. This is whether you are interested in supports to keep living in your own home or with your family, to move into a group home, or have supports during the day or to get and keep a job. The state has information to help you sign up here.

Recently the state updated the categories for how they list people waiting for services. They are also trying to commit to no one waiting longer than five years to get funding. (We’ve seen people wait for as long as 7 years. That’s a long time!) Go here to read the information bulletin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *